Thursday, January 10, 2013

Strap Yourselves in for a Ridiculously Bumpy Ride

Sons of Anarchy.  Holy SHIT this is a good show.  I wasn't going to start YET ANOTHER Purgatory blog...but I can't help it.  It's a must.  Plus, it goes along nicely with my Kristen Ashley blog since that shit is full of biker talk, too.

And I'm going to warn you right now - this blog might not always be PG.  Let's be honest - biker shit is rough.  And so might be my language after a particularly riveting episode.  And let's be more honest; they're all riveting as f*ck.  So either hop on board - or move the hell out of the way.

And oh yeah - thanks to JENNIFER J for making me watch this friggin amazing show!!!

SPOILER ALERT:  Tonight I'll be starting episodes 3 & 4 of Season 2.

Let me get you on board as to what's been happening leading up to now:

Gemma - holy SHIT I love Katey Sagal.  WHAT a role.  What an actress!  HOW this woman hasn't been nominated is so far out of my realm of comprehension, I may need to get some sort of degree to understand it.  WTF?!  She's the first one I'm mentioning on the whole show!  Are the people who nominate actors for the Emmys blind?  Well - yes - actually they must be after Evan Peters was snubbed for American Horror Story when the guy IS the show...but I digress.

Katey Sagal is so kickass, I don't know what to do with myself.  When she got all cutsie with Miss ATF Bitch in the convenience store, I was howling.  And we (Mr. Purgatory and me) love how she kisses all the chickies on the lips.  What we did NOT love was the horrifying gang rape...but WOW that scene was powerful to watch.  I have a feeling it's going to come out sooner or later...and I hope it does.  My lord - did no one see how the poor woman was walking?!?  A car accident that cuts up your face is not going to do that.

Next up - JAX.  Holy crap.  Could he get any more adorable?  I love the white sneakers.  It took my dumb ass a while to realize all the white sneakers and shirts signify a bit of innocence and that he's still good - and not completely broken/killer/biker dude just yet.

Clay - I love him, even though lately he's been screwing up ROYALLY with some of the instructions.  And he lost points BIG TIME for OKing the hit on Opie.  What a douche move.

I am not going to go on and on about all of them just yet because a) I don't have the time and b) I don't remember their names.  But I'll say this:  Glasgow Boy's accent makes him hawt and I've deemed him the smartest of the bunch.  Opie's sweetness (and triceps in those long sleeve shirts) grows on you to the point where you want to jump him toward the end of season 1.  Blue Eyes is a dick of epic proportions and I hate that I want him gone because he's really good at being such an asshole.  Doc is adorable but for the love of god would someone PLEASE give that woman some humorous dialogue once in a while???  She's so serious ALL the time.

Who else?  The larger biker man with the curly hair is cool - BOB - that's his name.  Probie is adorable (not sure if that's his name but he's like the probies on Rescue Me).  Taryn Manning - she's good and I definitely warmed up to her character.  She's tres skanky but she's amusing and she went the distance for Probie.  Wendy - OH my god I love her.  I am from New Jersey so I have a soft spot for anyone from the Sopranos...and I MISS her as I haven't seen her in anything since.  What's so funny is I was trying to remember her name on The Sopranos as I always referred to her as "Christophah" or "Boh-liage"...but in last night's SOA, they said "We're not gonna Adrianna your ass" and I said "Adrianna!  That's it!  That's her name!"

OMG I know I'm forgetting a lot of people but I have to get this thing posted so I can thoroughly crack up JJ this evening.  Girlfriend MADE me watch Sons.  I owe her my life.  And my ride.  ;)

STAY TUNED!  Season 2 - Episode 3 & 4 tonight!





2 comments:

  1. This series is like the surprise of my LIFE!! I was a wee bit skeptical at first. Thank gawd I read Kristen Ashley's Motorcycle Man first! Because that book pretty much makes you and expert in all things biker. LMAO! But really, it helps. Immensely.

    Jax's swagger just gets me every bloody time. That boy can move, babe.

    And yeah, let's face it. Katey carries these boys for the first few (6?) epi's. Carries their jean-clad asses. She is pure hawt goodness. I'm in constant awe of that woman.

    I'm so freakin' happy you are blogging this! THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I'm not blogging anything ELSE because of this damned show!!!! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete